• Pink Fabric 2 – 8” Circles, and 1 – 1 1⁄2” x 23” Strip
• Yellow Fabric 2 – 7”x9” Bee Shape
• Pink (or Flower Color), Black and White Acrylic Felt Square
• Sewing Machine
• General Sewing Supplies
• Coordinating Thread to Fabric Colors
• Low Loft Batting (Enough for Bird Shape)
• Black Fabric Pen
• Googly Eyes or Buttons (2)
• Poly-Fil® Brand Fiber Fill
• Trace all pattern pieces onto tissue or other paper and cut out.
• Place fabric, felt, and batting on a flat work surface.
• Pin pattern pieces on the material.
• Cut out individual pieces.
Place the bee body pieces with right sides together.
Add the bee shape cut from batting to the bottom of the pile, and
pin all of the layers together.
• Sew around the edges with a 1⁄4” seam from one notch to the other.
The bottom of the bee will stay open for now.
• Turn the bee right side out and press with an iron.
Pin the bee to the right side of one of the circles.
The open bottom of the bee should line up with the bottom part of
the circle. Baste in place with a 1/8” seam.
This will be your pillow top.
Use a fabric marker to letter, “bee joyful,” or
another message on the pillow top, above the bee. If you’d like to
trace this message, you can grab the free traceable image to print
and place under your fabric at amylattacreations.com/joy.
Fold the 23” strip in half, right sides together, and sew a 1⁄4”
seam across the short edge. This will give you a 22 1⁄2” loop.
• Sew one edge of the loop around the edges of the pillow top circle with a 1⁄4”
seam, right sides together.
• Sew the other edge of the loop around the edges of the pillow back circle
with a 1⁄4” seam, right sides together, leaving a 2” opening.
• Turn right side out and fill with Poly-Fil. Hand stitch the opening shut.
• Hand stitch the felt petals to the back of the pillow.
Finish Bee Assembly-
Hand stitch two wing shapes together, leaving a small opening. Repeat with the other two wing shapes.
• Fill each wing with Poly-Fil, then stitch the opening shut.
• Hand stitch black felt stripes onto the bee body.
• Hand stitch the wings to the middle of the bee’s body.
• Glue google eyes or buttons to the bee
• Add a smile using a fabric marker.
Finishing – Now, all that’s left to do is fill the pocket with things that bring joy, like a note, a piece of candy, or other small treasures!