Are you the type of person who loves pumpkin desserts?
I am! We’ve been a little pumpkin crazy in our house. I’ve posted some fantastic pumpkin recipes on our blog – feel free to check them out: Starbucks Copycat Recipe for Pumpkin Pound Cake, Pumpkin French Toast, and Pumpkin Dump Cake.
But today Pumpkin Pie Bars are on the menu!
This easy take on pumpkin pie incorporates oats and pecans. And just because it isn’t pie doesn’t mean you can’t still add whipped topping 🙂
Oh my, I love the crunchy, buttery bottom on these bars.
If you’re willing to give up your classic pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, serve these and I guarantee the pan will be empty at the end of the day.
But I am also a HUGE fan of our pumpkin dump cake recipe (link above) – I’d trade pumpkin pie for that cake any day.
Pumpkin Pie Bars Recipe
1 & 1/3 cups flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cups sugar, divided
1 & 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
One 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 can pumpkin (15 oz) (not pumpkin pie flavored)
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a 9×13 inch pan with foil or parchment paper and grease slightly.
3. Mix the flour, brown sugar and 1/4 cup regular sugar in a bowl.
4. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
5. Stir in the oats and pecans. Reserve 1 cup of this mixture. Press the remaining into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Beat the cream cheese, remaining sugar, eggs, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice in the bowl of a mixer on medium speed until well blended.
7. Pour this over the baked crust and sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
8. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool slightly. Lift the bars from the pan using the foil/parchment paper. Cool completely and cut into bars.
Recipe adapted from Somewhat Simple.
I’ll be back with another tasty recipe next month.