Hello! I’m Beth from The First Year Blog and each month I will be sharing an easy and delicious dinner or dessert idea right here on One Artsy Mama. If you want to learn a little more about me or the other fabulous ladies contributing here, check out the Meet the Team page. Today I am sharing my favorite recipe for rocky road cookies!
These cookies are full of chocolate, almonds, and real marshmallows – none of that marshmallow fluff stuff (although, I do like the fluff!). These are simple, and so so good – just combine the ingredients and bake for about 8 minutes, no refrigeration needed before baking.
Just look at that marshmallow goodness! The original recipe called for mallow bits, but I didn’t have any on hand, so I substituted mini marshmallows and it worked great, so can you choose your preference between the two.
Go ahead and eat these cookies with rocky road ice cream 🙂
Rocky Road Cookie Recipe
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), at room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini marshmallows or mallow bits – If using mini marshmallows, cut them in half with scissors (put scissors in cold water before using them)
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
3. With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in the egg. Next, add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
4. Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture and mix until flour disappears. Stir in chocolate chips, marshmallows/mallow bits, and chopped almonds. Drop cookie dough by rounded half tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
5. Bake cookies for 8 minutes, or until the cookies are set around the edges, but still soft in the center. Don’t over bake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod.
Is your mouth watering yet?
I’ll be back next month with another tasty recipe, but if you’re looking for more recipes check out my blog here.