I am very excited to be doing my first ever guest post here at One Artsy Mama! I started my Desperate Craftwives blog last November and Amy was one of my first bloggy buddies, offering many words of wisdom to a newbie blogger. She even designed my cute blog button for me!
Fall is my favorite crafting season and even though it is only the beginning of September, I am already getting excited for Halloween and all the pumpkin festivals. I have a Spring wreath ridiculously still hanging in my house, so even though it is a bit early, I decided I should make a Halloween wreath to hang in its place. It’s a good thing it turned out so cute since it will probably be there until Christmas!
What You Need:
- Wreath Form
- Black Burlap
- Felt in Halloween Colors
- BOO Wooden Letters
- Acrylic Paint
- Foam Ghost (I glued googly eyes on mine for the cuteness factor)
- Hot Glue Gun
How To Make It:
- Cut burlap into strips about 4″ wide (burlap cutting tip: cut a small slit at bottom, then take one strand and pull it all the way out, leaving a straight line for easy, straight cutting).
- Wrap wreath form with burlap, securing ends with hot glue.
- Wrap a Halloween-ish ribbon around wreath on top of burlap (mine has little candy corns on it).
- Make felt flowers out of Halloween-colored felt:
- Cut strip of felt. Fold in half lengthwise and sew bottom edges together. Cut down the top length with slits 3/4 of the way to bottom. Roll up into flower and sew through bottom to secure.
- Paint B-O-O letters with acrylic paint in matching colors – I used a mix of polka dots and stripes (can also Mod Podge on some Halloween scrapbook paper instead of hand painting).
- Hot glue ghost, flowers and letters to wreath.
- Hot Glue Ribbon on to back of wreath for hanging.
Kara @ Petals to Picots says
Very cute wreath, Blythe! And love the name of your blog … so clever 🙂
Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. says
Adorable, Blythe! I love the poms!
Thank you Jill!
Jen @ frazzled 5 says
Super Cute. Cannot wait to pin this and get started on one myself!
Thanks Jen. I am totally in wreath mode now and bought stuff to make a Fall Wreath at Michaels today!
Morena Hockley says
I love the cute little flowers…