As famous chef Julia Child once said, “a party without cake is just a meeting.” I have a little chef in my house who couldn’t agree more! While he often bakes a variety of things, including savory goodies like soft pretzels, fresh bagels, and garlic knots, his true passion is making desserts. This Apple Cider Pound Cake has been a favorite indulgence in our family ever since the first time he baked it, and he is very excited to share the recipe with you today.
Not only is he sharing it here on the website, he is making his television baking debut on Good Day PA, where he’s going to walk you through the recipe step-by-step and make you wish you could reach through the screen and grab a slice. Be sure to check out the segment here!
Apple Cider Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sparkling apple cider
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 4 tbsp sparkling apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour and 9x5 loaf pan.
- Cream butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with 1/2 cup cider, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. In some ovens, it may even take a little longer because the center is so thick.
- Mix together confectioners sugar and 4 T sparkling cider to form a smooth glaze.
- Allow cake to cool, then pour glaze on top, allowing it to run down the sides.
This cake didn’t even last 15 minutes on set! It was gone in no time, just like it is at our house every time he bakes it. Hope you enjoy the recipe. Be sure to follow this little chef on Facebook and Instagram at @alattasweetstuff to see his latest baked creations!