Hello! It’s Beth from The First Year Blog again. I am all about making and sharing recipes that are easy, affordable, and delicious for the whole family.
This recipe is fantastic! Sloppy joe + tater tots + cheese = one delicious casserole (or hot dish, if you’re from Minnesota like me!)
I am sure even your pickiest of eater will at least try it – what kid can say no to tater tots?
Let’s make an important note about saving time: Sure having all of the tater tots standing up makes a nice beautiful picture, but you would be wise to lay the tater tots on their side while adding them. Then you won’t have to deal with tots falling over and having to fix them.
If you’re family is not big on beef, replace the beef with kidney beans or a mixture of your favorite beans. It sounds great to me with beans, so I will definitely try it that way next time!
Also, Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce is gluten free, so this is a great dinner for those with a gluten sensitivity – like me!
Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
1lb lean ground beef
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
1 can corn, drained
2 (15oz) cans Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce, I like is saucy
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (32oz) package frozen tater tots (or at least 32oz)
1. Pre-heat oven to 450˚F.
2. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until the meat is cooked through.
3. Drain the fat.
4. Add in the pepper and onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium low heat.
5. Stir in the corn and sloppy joe sauce. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
6. Pour the sloppy joe mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top.
7. Arrange the tater tots in a single layer over the top of the cheese. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes until it bubbles and the tater tots are cooked through.
9. Remove from the oven and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Dessert Now, Dinner Later.