What makes drinking coffee even better? Drinking it with one of these adorable felt animal coffee cozy friends!
How to Make a Felt Animal Coffee Cozy
These fun felt friends are simple to create; all you need are the free patterns found below, along with scissors, felt, and glue. Just cut your felt according to the template, then glue the pieces in place. There’s no sewing and no special skills required! Feel free to personalize your cozies by using different colors, or even adapting the basic patterns to create your own new animals.
- felt, assorted colors
- hot glue gun and glue
- craft eyes or buttons
- twine for cat whiskers (optional)
- Download and print the templates below for your favorite animal(s).
- Cut the basic cozy shape from your main color of felt.
- Cut additional felt pieces for the face details. Glue them to the main cozy.
- Add craft eyes, buttons, googly eyes, or small felt circles for eyes.
- Overlap and glue the ends of the cozy together.
Although the cozy is not adjustable, it will easily slide on and off most standard size to-go cups from the bottom just like the cardboard cup wraps do.
- Feel free to use other colors of felt besides what I used in the samples. Make the dog or cat look like your own pets, or use your favorite colors to create something unique.
- When you need two of a particular shape, fold your felt in half and cut both layers at the same time.
- Add any additional embellishments you like, including ribbon/bows, glitter, buttons, etc. to make your cozy reflect your own style.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. It dries quickly and has a strong hold. If you’re working with kids and prefer to use something that is safer for little fingers, though, you can use fabric or craft glue instead.
There’s no limit to how many different kinds of amazing animals you can create using felt. Try experimenting with your own variations, and stay tuned here for more pattern choices coming soon.
More Felt Projects
If you liked this project, check out these other fun craft ideas made with felt.
If you try any of these projects, I’d love to see what you create! Make sure you’re part of the Amy Latta & Friends Facebook Group so you can share your photos and we can all inspire one another. See you there!